Friday, February 18, 2011

In the Beginning... it has been a challenge!

Don has been gone for 3 weeks... I have, with the help of my mom, prepared for and been through 2 UB moves (that is unaccompanied baggage for all you non-military peopel :-))... Next week we will send all our stuff that is NOT going to Germany into storage for 3 years!  Wow... I wonder how we will do without!  LOL!!!

The first three weeks on Don started rough, but have gone pretty well in the end.  It was a surprise that it would take 3 full weeks after arriving for him to actually "start" his job.  He had 3 weeks of in-processing to prepare him for some of the cultural challenges that he will face.  I have been told I will go through a similar process/training, but mine will be much shortened.

Still waiting on our no-fee government passports...hopefully they will arrive w/in a couple weeks!

Don has arranged for our flights!!!  We fly out SOON...NON STOP!!!! :)  Since our flight leaves in the evening we will arrive around 9AM in Germany!  Talk about an interesting adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment