Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Moving in of our House Hold Goods

The Arrival of our HouseHoldGoods (HHGs)

Two days before our departure to the Netherlands our HHGs arrived.  This was good and bad…good because I wanted our things…bad because we were leaving for the Netherlands in 2 days, and a week later Rothenburg and after that Don’s friend Shayne Kondor was coming for a visit, and then Aunt Mary was coming and then our trip to London… so it was a busy time!

Moving our stuff in was interesting.  I had never gone through a move like this before, so I was not sure what to expect.  Don took the kids to school so I could be home for the movers, with Sarah and Grace in tow.  The movers arrived about , not too bad…and they were finished around

When they move a house hold overseas they pack everything up in wooden crates.  Our house hold took up 11 crates…the main guy had to go back to the warehouse to load up 2 more times!


They would unload our things from the crates and call out each item, I would check it off the inventory and then they would load up the sidewalk area in front of our building.  Once the area was full they hauled our stuff up 3 flights of stairs!  What a pain – I helped a little…but truly did not put forth the effort they did J.  Seriously!  These guys worked for their pay – we have some heavy stuff! 


It did not take long for our flat to fill up – with the 2 small ones locked in the kitchen most of the day.  They did great too!  When I was not needed down to check off the inventory, they got a break from the kitchen.  By the time Emma came home from school...they were whipped... so it did not take much for them to settle in for a good rest. 

  






Soon…our flat went from this…


To this…


No comments:

Post a Comment